Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reformatting some text where each word has spaces infront of it ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
hi - copied and pasted some text which was bullet pointed, but now find that each word has 4 white spaces before it.

i.e
item1
item2
item3
item4

obviously its a huge list - and i have tried to manually bring the blinking cursor infront of each word and hit the backspace key 4 times and then repeated the process for the next word etc etc

this is cumbersome.

anyone know a faster way of getting all the items to be alligned properly so theres NO white spaces infront ?

i tried copying and pasting the list onto wordpad but it comes out with the 4 white spaces in front.

how shall i go abouts this ?

Not sure how this is an HTML question, but why not use Wordpad's Replace function, and simply set the replace string to 4 spaces, and the Replace With field to nothing.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

THANKS vacunita - that did the trick :D

lol yeah heh, it wasn't an html question - BUT - it will now HELP me with a HTML related 'thing' :D

i'll give u a star or thumbsup or w/e it is on here that we can give each other when we get uber-awesome answers.

thanx again.

Glad I could help.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back