Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reformat/repartition sandisk drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blesher

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
US
I just purchased a 1GB Sandisk thumbnail drive to back up my data. They partitioned the drive into two drives (let's call then D and E). The D drive automatically launches a program that asks me to install THEIR products and won't go away. They have somehow protected this so that I can't remove these programs. How can I UNpartition this into a single drive and get rid of all of this junk. thanks.

How to Fix Errors and Format USB Flash Drives

What is available to you via Disk Management under Computer Management Console?

Wiping Out Special "Recovery" Partitions, Pt. 2

Have a look at Group Policy too.

Load and unload device drivers.

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment

Description.

Determines which users can dynamically load and unload device drivers. This privilege is necessary for installing drivers for Plug and Play devices.

Default: Administrators.

Devices:

Allowed to format and eject removable mediaComputer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

Description
Determines who is allowed to format and eject removable NTFS media. This capability can be given to Administrators, Administrators and Power Users, or Administrators and Interactive Users.

Default: Administrators.

Forget about the last two Google links, I forgot to edit them out before posting.

The U3 Launchpad is only supported on Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating systems and this restriction extends to U3 Launchpad uninstallers. A U3 Launchpad uninstaller is a software module that removes the U3 Launchpad and re-configures the drive to be a single mass storage USB drive. U3 Launchpad uninstallers are only available for and must be run on Windows XP or Windows 2000 machines."

The locations for the uninstallers are provided here:
Sandisk:
All others:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back