Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reflections Wait Host Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeaneshe

Programmer
May 1, 2013
US
Hi all
Reflections doesn't recognize Legacy Attachmate macro wait host times. It tends to hesitate as it works through a macro for upwards of 45 seconds. I've attached a macro dropping in suggested code from Reflections knowledge:
I get run time errors and I'm not even sure this is what is causing the hesitation though according to the KB article is seems likely.

Thank you for any help!

Hi,

Please post your code, as I and other, may not have Attachmate loaded.

FYI, I always wrote my code in Excel VBA. The WAIT technique I found most sucessful (using Extra) was lowering the g_HostSettleTime to 100, as I recall and the using WaitForCursor in a loop...
Code:
‘Following SendKeys, this loop
Do oScreen.WaitForCursor(row, col)
   DoEvents
Loop
...where row, col were the screen rest coordinates.
Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip - I was hoping you would show up.
I did provide my code as an attachment and the knowledge base article where Reflection directly addresses this subject and provides different options such as wait for cursor, or keyboard enabled.

Problem is as you will see in the attached code sample, I've tried using their options and still can't get it to work. I'm sorry, it this case I'm not ready to convert to VBA.

I'm really stuck on this one and I provide around 75 macros to at least 300 people! Can you give me an alternate code that will make either of the Reflection suggestions work in my code?

Thanks!

Your attachment is a .ebm file, requiring an Attachmate application to view.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any Attachmate application on my PC.

Unfortunately, I took my asynchronous problem and used Excel VBA along with my own solution (using WaitForCursor in a loop) to 1) eliminate asynchronous data skipping and 2) running at, what seemed to be, optimum speed.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back