Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

referencing fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith0

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
GB
Hi,
I’m fairly new to scripting and still finding my way around although I’m gradually getting there. What I was wondering is how do I go about finding out what certain fields within MS applications are named. For example when adding new users and if you want to make them change the password at next login I found you set the pwdLastSet value to 0. What I would like to know is how to reference the rest of the fields, such as Description, Account is Disabled. I’d would have though this info would have been easily found on MS web site but I can’t find the info. Can anyone give me some pointers please. I’m wanting to automate some task with in IIS and need to find the names of check box options so that I can reference them in my scripts.

Thanks in advance

Is this an application or a web page that you are trying to automate?

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Its a planned application - just figuring out how i'll do this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back