Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

references missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

leec3

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
I have four references marked by Access as missing in my Tools/References window:
AxCtrl32 OLE Control module
ActiveEx type library
Satellite forms control
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0

What I can't seem to find any reference to is how to install or configure the system so that these appear in the reference list properly.

The trick here is that the references are related to VB/VBA, not to Access itself. So you have to get into VBA first. The quick way (in my opinion) is to open your Access application, select Design Mode, then right click on any component and select "Build event". That puts you into VBA.

Select Tools/References, find the reference(s) you want to add/delete, add/remove the check mark beside them, and you're done. (Keep in mind that in one or two cases, the ORDER of the references will impact you... for example DAO and ADO libraries. I don't remember which must come first in which situation, but at least you'll know to keep an eye out for that.) You can move a reference up or down in the heirarchy with the up-arrow/down-arrow buttons in the References dialog.

HTH,
Rodger Fields

Rodger Fields
Software Engineer
Pflugerville, Texas (suburb of Austin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back