Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

referenced memory could not be "written"

Status
Not open for further replies.

stakka

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
I've posted a few weeks back on this problem but it's developed a bit mow and I'm recieving a C++ runtime error when I open one of my applications (during the opening of a cubase sx3 project). Im running win XP pro - SP3. I recently had to do a repair instal of xp due to a virus and have now updated windows, all drivers, reinstalled cubase and tested all of my plugins, however I get this message when i go to open old projects

The instruction at "0x208f1b8e <this number changes slightly but always 0x2...>" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "Written"

<ok>

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error!. C:\program files.....cubase.exe
R6026 -pure virtual function call

<ok>

The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x4e90fc05

<ok>

The app shuts down.
The error occurs as Cubase opens the project and one by one starts opening the plugins used.

I've done a lot of reading on this error and so far can't correct it.

If anyone has any ideas to solve this or as to why I may be getting this then please share them

Also can i et a log as this crash occurs?

Thanks
shaun

I recently had to do a repair instal of xp due to a virus and have now updated windows,
it still could have remnants of the virus, which can cause those type of errors...

or the virus, in question, corrupted some of the files needed by your app...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

Anything could be causing your program to crash. You could check for recent updates. Also consider any other changes you have made. Corrupted files can cause this too.

To get further information about the error look in your Event viewer.

Look in the System or Application folder. You can get to the Event Viewer via right click My Computer icon and select Manage.

Any errors logged in the Event Viewer can be expanded by double clicking on the error line.

Take any event error I.D. number and search for it on this site.

Some general things to try.

Try running ChkDsk to check your drive for errors. Right click your Drive icon/ Properties/ Tools/ Error Checking.

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

If you want the highly technical cause of the crash look in the Documents and Settings/ All Users/ Application Data/ Microsoft/ Dr Watson/ Drwtsn32.log

Find the entry that is relevant by date and time to the crash you are investigating. The exact cause of the crash is indicated by "FAULT ->" on the left of page next to line of code causing crash. This, if your as cluey as me, wont tell you much but you can use it to see if it is the same fault all the time, and further up the log you can find what processes and modules are running.

Data Execution Prevention
thread779-1180158

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back