Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Referenced Cell - Hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaleen7

MIS
Jun 23, 2002
US
I created 2 worksheets.
In the worksheet labeled address it has 3 cells that link to web address (i.e. CNN, JCREW).
In the worksheet labeled Summary it has 3 cells that reference the cells in the address worksheet.

This issue I have is that I want users to be able to click on the cells referenced in the summary worksheet and be linked to the web addresses from the address worksheet.

Every time I create a link from summary to the address worksheet, the user is just brought to the address sheet.

How do I make the referenced cell act like the original cell with the hyperlink in it?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0d0145e0-4c6f-434f-a14b-1b6818ad08f2&file=Link_to_Address.xlsx
1. To create a hyperlink to another cell in your spreadsheet, right-click on the cell where the hyperlink should go. Select Hyperlink from the popup menu.
2. When the Insert Hyperlink window appears, click on the "Place In This Document" on the left. Enter the text to display. In this example, we've entered "Hyperlink to cell A5". This is the value that will be displayed in Excel.
3. Next enter the cell reference that the hyperlink points to. We've chosen to link to cell A5. Click the OK button.
4. Now when you return to the spreadsheet, you should see the hyperlink.
5. If you click on the hyperlink, your active cell should become cell A5.

--
Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back