Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference Page Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
Working w/ Frame 7.2

I've designed a new layout for our documentation, and while I've got a nice design for a chapter header, I can't figure out how to achieve it in Frame w/o having to do it manually for every chapter.

It looks kind of like this:

XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX Chapter Title
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The X's represent a graphic, which butts up right next to the underline.

The underline is easy enough, but I can't figure out how to configure the graphic so that the text will properly align to the right.

Suggestions, ideas?

If I were you, I would create a special master page just for the first page of each chapter. I would put the Chapter number and the line you want on that master page and anchor the graphic to the word chapter (I think you can make the number a variable, so that it automatically updates with each new chapter). To manipulate where the anchored frame sits, select the frame, choose special>anchored frame, and choose from the drop down menu. Or to manually move the frame, select the frame, hold the shift key and click and drag the frame to where you want it (but don't click on the handle or you will resize the frame). I hope that is helpful. By anchoring the graphic to a word, it should prevent your alignment from getting messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back