Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxProProgrammer

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
Hi,

I wrote a small application using Access 2000 for somebody that has Access 97. When I convert the database to Access 97 format, Access displays a message that says:

Your computer is missing at least one of the Microsoft Access 97 object libraries. Your converted database will not work until you open this database using Acess 97 and then fix any missing references.

Can anyone tell by looking at my code (below) which References that I need to add? I would guess that the db= and rs= statements are the culprits, but I'm not sure.

Thanks a lot!

________

Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

Set db = CurrentDb
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("MAKE_SCADC_MRO_XLS_TBL", dbOpenDynaset)

While Not rs.EOF
If Not IsNull(rs!RECEIVING_DOCUMENT) Then
rs.Edit
rs!DateDiff = DteDiff(rs!RECEIVING_DOCUMENT, rs!DATE_RCV)
rs.Update
rs.MoveNext
Else
rs.MoveNext
End If
Wend

MsgBox "Finished Updating Table!", vbInformation + vbOKOnly

End Sub

Function DteDiff(RECEIVING_DOCUMENT As String, DATE_RCV As Date) As Integer

Dim recday As String
Dim recyear As String
Dim receiveDteConv As Date

recday = Mid(RECEIVING_DOCUMENT, 8, 3)

recyear = Mid(RECEIVING_DOCUMENT, 7, 1)
Select Case recyear
Case 0 To 3
recyear = 2000 + recyear
Case 4 To 9
recyear = 1990 + recyear
Case "-"
recyear = 2003
Case Else
recyear = 2003
End Select

receiveDteConv = DateAdd("d", recday - 1, DateValue("01/01/" & recyear))

DteDiff = DateDiff("d", receiveDteConv, DATE_RCV)

End Function

dz
dzaccess@yahoo.com

Thanks for the quick reply. The Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library isn't in the list of available References. The Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library is checked. Does DAO 3.6 not contain everything in 3.5 plus some? If not, can I download the 3.5 library from Microsoft's website?

Thanks,

dz
dzaccess@yahoo.com

I tried with DAO 3.6 and since it works a assume it's OK.
I realy dont know the difference between them.

Did you copy my code into an Access 2000 application on your computer and convert it to Access 97? And it worked? What references do you have selected? The ones selected on my computer are:

Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3

Do you have any others selected?

By the way, I found the following article on Microsoft's website. It discusses converting from Access 97 and earlier to Access 2000, but not the other direction.

Thanks again,

dz
dzaccess@yahoo.com

I found the following article on Microsoft's website.

Basically it says that you have to open a module in Access 97 and select the Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library. So what does one do if they don't have Access 97? I guess I can give the user instructions, but that isn't very user friendly. Oh well, thanks for steering me in the right direction.

dz
dzaccess@yahoo.com

try:
Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library
instead of 9.0

I use Access2002 so I can't follow your steps exactly, but
if you compile and pass without errors and the code works as expected then you have all references you need.

I have an Access database that was developed originally in 97, I converted it to 2000, made changes. Then converted it to 97 per the client's request.
I received the error message that "at least one of the 97 object libraries is missing" I followed instructions on Microsoft's support site & did not find any "missing" references. Tried using a different DAO Object library (it says 3.51).
Still doesn't help, I have compiled all code & receive no errors. However, everything works but my main form - when I try to open it, view design or delete it- it crashes on me.

I deleted that form from the 2000 version, and tried to convert it again & received the same msg as above.

I have not found anything in the form itself that is a feature not available in 97, unless I'm overlooking something.

Any help is greatly appreciated before I attempt to re-design from scratch in 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back