Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference embedded object

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNNNN

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
GB
I have embedded an excel object in Word

I want to be able to reference particular cells
e.g

If I copy something form the word document and pasted it in a cell in the embedded excel object then a reference is created in the excel cell - something like:
=Word.Document.8|'C:\temp\mydoc.DOC'!'!OLE_LINK4'

Is there a way to replace this reference to something like
=Word.Document.8|'object.Parent.xxx'!'!OLE_LINK4'

So if the document is moved from ‘C:\temp\’ the reference will always work because the excel object is referring to the parent object which is the word document it is embedded in?

I would like to be able to create a macro that can do something like
Go to a bookmark or part of a word document, make a reference to some text, go to the embedded excel object go to a particular cell then set a link to the bookmark or text in the word doc

Many thanks

Although I can understand why you might want to do this, I don't think there's any way to achieve it - the embedded object has no knowledge of its container.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back