Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redundant VPN gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilsiri

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Hi,

We have Netscreen-50 in India Office and Netscreen-100 at US office running VPN between them. This VPN passes through our IPLC circuit. Recently we took an Internet circuit in India. Our plan is to make this Internet ckt primary between offices as it has more BW and less latency and IPLC as backup. So I want to run two VPNs between offices with the one running on Internet as Primary. I'll define sub-interfaces on the India's Netscreen and assign different subnets to them. And at US office I'll define two VPNs to India using gateway IPs, one from each subnet, and group them. Will it work? Something like one netscreen at US office peering to virtually two different Netscreen in India. Is there any other way to achieve this? Please advice.

Thanks,
Anil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back