Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redundancy without dropping calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

trond456

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
AE
I know well that we have Redundancy on the network and server level in TSE but I would like to know if the below scenario could work.

Do we have hotstandy for the calls in MX-one Telephony server??
Let's say that I have a call (IP Phone)and my TS (LIM1) went down, is it possible for the IP Phone to register automatically to the second LIM (when it is available) and complet the call without dorp??

One more point I have MX-TSE 2 LIM system, the IP extensions (dbc 42501 ) are configured in LIM1 and in the configuration file I configured the primary gatekeeper and the secondary gate keeper, the primary gate keeper is 192.168.123.164 (LIM1), and the secondary GK is 192.168.123.165 (LIM2), When LIM1 (primary GK)went down the telephone couldn't login automatically to the second LIM (Secondary GK)(The telephone logs out!!!)

please let me know if you have an advice
My config file
[System]
;--------------------------
; File: d4-config.txt
; Product id and version: CAA 158 0019 R5M
; Release date: 2007-08-15
;-------------------------
; The system parameter may have the values MD110, WEBSWITCH3, MX-ONE, MD-E, BP, BP-R15 and IMT
;System=WEBSWITCH3
;System=BP
;System=BP-R15
;System=MD110 ; For ASB 501 04 (both MD110 and MX-ONE Telephony Switch)
;System=MD-E
System=MX-ONE ; For MX-ONE Telephony Server
OverLap=YES
RRQTtl=600
;GatekeeperID=LIM1
;Domain=TelSvr-1
PrimaryGKAddress=192.168.123.164
SecondaryGKAddress=192.168.123.165
GatekeeperDiscovery=NO
AdminPasswd=RbdbSdc9c
CompatibleWithR3applications=NO
;LogOffRestriction=LogOffAllowed
;LogOffRestriction=DefaultNumberUsed
;LogOffRestriction=PermitIndividualLogOn

Since your IP extension is configured in LIM1, it can only login to LIM2 when the LIM1 server is available.

From ALEX:
IP extensions can register in any LIM of the multi-LIM system as long as the LIM where the initiation was done (the home LIM ) is reachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back