Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reducing jpegs

Status
Not open for further replies.

t5pete

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Hey there,
How do I reduce the size of my jpeg image files without making them so small you can't see them? I haven't had this much trouble with jpeg images before but, my file size is over 2 megs, I can't have 'em that big on the web. I have three pics on the Flash 5 file, it's such a big file it won't upload to the web
thanks
t5

Have you checked the resolution of your original image before you export it - there is a good chance that this is the problem. If it is higher than 72ppi Flash will be reducing its size on screen. 2MB is a lot of image information for a JPEG file - I can't imagine it needs that much!

Also, it may be worth checking the image properties from the library palette. 'Test' the image to see how large the file is when Flash exports it. If you are using lossless compression on a large JPEG you will be getting a larger exported file size.

Hope you figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back