Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reduce number of ports under Display syste-par customer options

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2007
US
I'm trying to reduce Maximum stations under Display System-Parameter Customer-options by removing two TN2224 cards with 24 digital ports each. I've confirmed no stations are associated with the boards. I'm seeing all p's when I status the board. Yet, when I removed the cards, did a Configure all command, there was no change in Maximum stations under system-parameters customer options. What steps am I missing?

I removed a BRI card, and removed only six ports.

Our goal is to reduce our total ports in an effort to reduce our maintenance with Avaya.
Thanks
Carol

The Customer Options screens represent your software RTU. By removing the boards you have reduced your physical ports.

Kevin

The display system-parameter customer options also displays the number of ports we're using in addition to the RTU. Removing the boards doesn't change the total number of used stations and it's this figure (USED Maimum Stations) Avaya bills off of.

If there is nothing programmed on the ports, removing the circuit packs won't affect the number of ports used.

what you want to do is convert any x ports to virtual. That will reduce your RTU and lower maintenance costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back