Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redoing Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

itecs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2002
US
I've recently installed McAfee GroupShield on my Win2k (BDC)w/Exchange 2003 (SP1) and now my OWA does not work and I'm also getting some strange mishaps with certain DOC files not getting thru to the users.

I would like to go ahead and wipe out this partion and reinstall both the operating system and Exchange 2003. I've been reading other posts that have relative information however I would just like to verify some things.

If I was to reinstall Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2003, and I was to duplicate the server name, exchange settings then I should be able to copy over the priv.edb and pub.edb from the old image and replace them on the new and expect them to work?

Is there a checklist that you could post for me to make sure that I follow all the correct steps prior to moving forward with this? Thanks.

At one point during our growing pains, we had a problem with the Exchange server in that we had to rebuild server with operating system and Exchange 2003. We contacted Microsoft and their suggestion was to copy the .edb files and save them. Rebuild with the exact same OS and Exchange version. When installing Exchange use the /disasterrecovery switch. Basically use this KB article as a reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back