Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting My Documents Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sslevy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2001
US
Currently we have our "My documents" folders redirected to one of our file servers via a group policy. We want to move the re-direction to our new file server. is it best to just repoint the group policy to the new location and have everyone log-off and then on again or is best to copy the files from one server to another and then do the redirection?

Old Server is Win2k and new one is Win2k3.

Thanks
Shari

have u domain/forrest prep the new server ??
if so i would depending on numbers and how swift u want transfere to new machine redirect gpo on new server and ensure it old repoints to original location..

"Ask not what your computer network can do for you - ask what you can do to the computer network to give you a quiet moment ."

sorry i repoint the statement are u intending to take AD settings off old 2000 server??? so have you run through prep tools yet???

"Ask not what your computer network can do for you - ask what you can do to the computer network to give you a quiet moment ."

the new server is already up and running and has been for the last 3 months. i just want the easiest way to re-direct the my documents folder.

this new server is a domain controller.

thanks
Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back