Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirecting hunt group to external #

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhiyanxx

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
hi all. i have a bcm 400 using a PRI in an office that is shared by 2 companies. the second company is set up as a hunt group that rings the 5 phones in broadcast when a certain # is called. rarely is anyone in that office however and they'd like the calls to be redirected to a cell phone. i'm not exactly sure how to go about this though. i see an option for redirect under the specific DNs of the hunt group but not a redirect option for the whole group. also... is there a way that they could turn this redirection on using the phone set itself so that the call would go through to voice mail when someone is there?

thanx in advance
Matt

OK Matt

Just need to clear up a few things do you want the calls to go to voicemail after a time period?

Could you have the calls going to voicemail and then the option to go to the cell phone.

I have an answer for all of the above but just want to check a few things first. Depending on your answer will determine how easy or complicated the setup will be.

Marshall

it would be fine for the calls to go to the cell phone and bypass the voicemail. however i didnt' realise that there could be an option for it to work the other way. how does that work.. is there a keypress involved that would forward to the cell instead of going to voicemail?

Matt

What you need to do is set up a voicemail for your hunt group in the call pilot. (hunt group DN 656.)

You then set the hunt group to have the voicemail DN as the overflow DN (471). Set the overflow timer to 15,30 45 seconds etc.

This way when a call comes into your system. The call will ring at the five extensions for duration of the overflow timer and then overflow to the voicemail.

In the call pilot you set the mailbox out dial type to route.

You then login to the call pilot and set up your external transfer number to be 909090909090909 etc. The incoming call will then get the message you have recorded. All you need to do is to record your greeting with the option to dial 9. Something like

Thank you for calling x all are sales team are busy at present if you would like to leave a message please do so at the tone. Alternatively you could try one of our mobile sales team by pressing 9 now.

ok... they decided that they just want the group to ring through to the manager's phone without going to the voicemail. this group has the AA turned off for them. the AA us used for the primary company. would the setup be similar to the VM setup you listed above?

Matt

Ok if they just want the group to overflow to the managers phone. Then change the overflow extension from the voicemail to the managers extension.

If they want it to go straight to the managers phone. The work around is to set one of the phones as a ring only for the target line and leave the hunt group as you have programmed.That way ehrn the extension uses feature 4 and dials the managers exy=tension it will call forward straight away.

Example just to clear up what I mean

Target line 241
Incoming number 12121212

Create hunt group brodcast overflow ? depends if you want to send the call some where else after a time period otherwise leave as default the hunt group.

Assign extensions

221,222,223,224 and 225

Appear and ring or ring only again depends on your requirements.

Assign Target line 241 to hunt group.

All of the above you will have already done in some shape or form.

The extra step is to pick an extension may be 221 in my example and to assign the target line 241 to this extension.The system will then allow you to invoke the call forward feature on extension 221 and send the call of to the forwarded extension.

The other way is to use the system services a bit more programming and customer input required. You should find the above will work fine for you.In all cases the existing phone will ring even when the call is forwarded to the managers extension.

Marshall

i'm sorry.. when i said manager's phone i meant cell phone. so when no one's in the office instead of goign to voice mail the bcm will route the call to an external # without the customer having to press anything.

The way I would set it up to save you having to use the line redirect feature is to set up a dest code of 7 and the managers extension number. Create a new route and put the managers mobile number in the external tab. Set the dest code to use that route. Then set up as above and call forward to 7 and the extension number. That way the call will redirect to the mobile number.

If you set up as above you can set the line to appear and ring at the extension you can use the feature 84 to send the call to an external party.Refer to the book if you need more instructions for using feature 84.

Just to give you an idea as to why you need to have the system set up as above. You can not redirect a hunt group call.The way round is you assign the extension with the target line and the system thinks it is only ringing one extension and follows the call forward.

Marshall

ok.. i think i understand what you are saying here.. one thing i'm not sure about is with the hunt group. are you saying that i have to disolve the hunt group and just assign the incoming # to the managers desk phone for this to work? or does setting up this up trick the hunt group when feature 84 is activated into thinking that the # is only assigned to one line?

so for example.. if the manager's phone ext is 127 and he is in the hunt group that is assigned to incoming # XXX-0001, am i also assigning the line XXX-0001 to DN 127? or does the line have to be exclusively assigned to that DN and i just kill the hunt group.

sorry if i'm not making sense... i'm finding hard to put my thoughts into words

Matt

ok here's what i've done so far

hunt group 01 (dn 508) includes DNs 123 - 130

line assigned to hunt group is 241 (xxx-0001)

manager's DN is 127

assigned line 241 to 127

allowed redirect on manager's phone

set fwd all calls to 7127

created destination code 7127 to use route 003 with an absorb length of 1 (we use 9 to dial out, when i created the route i put 9 in front of the manager's cell # in the external # box)

created route 003 to call the manager's # as stated above, using the PRI pool and service type public

so now i'm waiting for the manager to get back to the office as i'm remoting into the system from my house right now.. but if i'm understanding you correctly when he gets there he shoudl be able to press feature 84 and that will start redirecting all calls to his cell phone. then pressing feature #84 will put the incoming back to the normal broadcast mode for the hunt group with the VM picking up after the set amount of rings

the suspense is killing me lol

Matt

Ok you are almost there.

The route programming you want to set to absorb all.
The number that will be absorbed is the 7127.

The call forward is involked by dialing feature 4 and the destination code 7127. To cancel you would dial feature #4.
The managers phone is going to ring for incoming calls is that what you want?
If so that is fine if not set the same information on the managers phone on extension 123 and then invoke the call forward from that extension feature 4 7127.

Marshall

ok... i removed the line assignment from the hunt group and added it to ext 127. now all the call's ring through to the managers desk phone, but when i select feature 4 to 7127 the incoming calls don't ring through.. pretty much they just cut off.

How have you set up your route.

what you need to do is this.Check your destination code by dialing 7127 and see if this goes to the managers mobile.

If it does then your call forward to 7127 should work fine.

If not chances are you have a problem with your call routing.

A quick example might help to guide you on the right direction.

Create a destination code 7127

Create a new route route 002 if it is available

Under route 002 set the external number 0777895859449 (mobile number)

Under use pool set the correct line pool (If it is BRI set to pool A if it is PRI set to PRI-A)

Now return to the destination code and set under schedules use route 002 and absorb all for day schedule.

Test again and confirm 7127 goes to managers mobile.

Set the call forward feature 4 7127 and test call forward on external calls.

Marshall

A quicker and easier way might be to simply assign one extension, Your manager's if you so choose, 127, to be the overflow extension for the hunt group.
When the manager leaves the office, he simply sets the call forward on his phone to his cell.
If you do not want to risk that the manager will forget to call forward his phone you can set up a phone hidden away in your phone room as the overflow for the hunt group and call forward (FEAT 4) that phone to the manager's cell phone.
Since no one uses the phone it will stay that way all the time.

In rereading your first post:

By setting up a voice mail box for the overflow extension, they could then turn on and off call forward at that phone to toggle between going to voice mail or going to the cell phone.

If he assigns the line to the managers phone as appear and ring he can use the feature 84 line redirection. This might be the easier option for Hiyan if you are having any problems with the programming set up.If you look on the BCM under features you will find all the details on feature 84 line redirect.

Marshall

Yes, that is very good if he does not want other calls to that phone to also go to the cell....

worked like a charm... i didtn' put a one in front of the rest of the phone # so it wouldn't forward. thanx for all ur help. the client is lovin it

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back