Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting hostname to website

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
I don't know an awful lot about ISA so hopefully somebody can help me out here. How can I setup ISA so that when a user accesses - it will get redirected to I've tried setting up a destination set with hostname in it, and then setup a rule to redirect to myserver.mydomain.com but it doesn't work. However, if I change the destation set to say hostname.mydomain.com then it works fine. I presume ISA will only deal with FQDN's, not just hostnames, is that correct? Is there any way around this?

The reason I want to do this is because when users access this website, it prompts them saying that the certificate name doesn't match the URL they're using. So in order to get around this, I thought I'd have the users access it using an alias which is the same as what's on the certificate (there's no way to get the certificate changed). So another option may be to configure ISA to disable the certificate checking, but I presume that's not possible?

Would really appreciate some help with this. The ISA version is 2000 (as far as I know !!) and it's running in Cache mode.

Thanks in advance

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

You are correct in thinking that isa requires FQDN
Direct users to only use FQDN

zc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back