Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirecting a web page / XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

techinvt

Programmer
May 9, 2007
US
I have a VB6 program that I have managed to make submit data with XML, and get a response back. Part of the data submitted is a user name and password, and part of what I get back is a URL to redirect to. I can't just copy and paste the URL into IE because when I do it gives me a user name password error. I assume this means that I have to redirect, I can't just open a new page. The problem I have is that I don't HAVE an IE page to redirect - it's all in VB and the response I get back gets put into a text box. How do I redirect (staying in the xml stream?) and get the redirected page to pop up? Sorry if this is confusing, I'll be the first to admit that I'm new to this XML thing and working with IE in VB6...

Doesn't sound like you're working with VB6, actually, but vbScript. If so, try reposting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back