Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirecting a program to use a different gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthomas5

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
Hi,
I have users set up with their default gateway as the isa server. Some users use a program that is located in another city. This program, when executed, needs to be redirected to
the cisco router and not the internet. How can I make this happen?
Thanks for any help.

Have you rebooted yet?
:)

Is the cisco your internal router for the WAN? If so, then the application in question just needs to go through your WAN instead of the internet correct? Its destination is an internal IP address correct?
Just edit your routing table on the client machine.
Command line:
route add -p <internal IP address for application> mask 255.255.255.255 <Gateway IP(Cisco router IP>

Get it?

If its more than one client, then you can add this route to your ISA server, and put the destination IP address in the ISA's LAT table. This should do the trick too.

Cool upcoming game! Check it out!
!

I GOT IT FIXED!! :)
I was making it to hard. All I did was add rip in rras and i learned the route to the cisco router. Everything works
perfect now.
Thanks

Have you rebooted yet?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back