Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting a mailbox restore to another mailbox fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcarrill

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
I am trying to restore the mailbox of an employee to a an empty mailbox on the same server that I created expressly for this purpose. I am running NT 4, BE 8.0 and Exchange 5.5 all on the same server. I have no problem restoring back to the same mailbox but get the following when trying to restore to a different mailbox. This is just a portion of the "Access denied" that I get. I replaced the actual mailbox name that I am trying to restore to with "restore mailbox":

Access denied - unable to restore directory \restore mailbox.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied - unable to restore directory \restore mailbox\Top of Information Store.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied - unable to restore file RE: It's worth the read... .
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied - unable to restore file <No Subject>.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied - unable to restore file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Sales Meeting 10_16_01a.ppt.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Access denied - unable to restore file Updated Phone List.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

I had a similar problem running BE 8.6 on a win2000 server, trying to restore mailboxes to an alternate mailbox on an exchange 5.5 server. After checking all the relevant permissions, I restarted all the backup exec services and it resolved the problem.

Sorry if you have already tried this as I can't offer any other advice on your problem.

Regards

pah

Make sure you are entering the mailbox exactly as it is displayed on Exchange. I had a problem where there were two spaces between the last and first name and I entered it with only one space, it would not restore until I entered it in with the extra space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back