Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirected Folders and Citrix ICA Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolive1

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
Here's my situtation:

I manage computer labs on my campus, and I'm using a Windows 2000 Group Policy to lock down my Windows XP client computers. The Group Policy prevents the user from accessing the Hard Drive and Redirects their My Documents directory to a network share. But, because users cannot access the Hard Drive some Applications do not run. So, I have put these Apps on a Citrix MetaFrame XP Server, and am using ICA to connect to them.

Here's my problem:

I want to have the Redirected My Documents folder available to the users from the published Citrix Application. My Citrix does not Map Drives that are Mapped on the Client. Is there anyway I can get it to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Ian

If you open the Client Connection Configuration tool, you can click on Client Settings and you will see the option to map client drives at logon. You may want to uncheck the inherit user config and see if you get them mapped when they log in.

Can I choose to only have some client drives mapped, and not others?

If a drive is mapped like h for a homedrive for example using "net use h: \\fileserver\username", then the citrixmapping would be "net use h: \\client\h$"
This has to be done manually though. (either via the usrlogon.cmd, or a network logon script)

Free citrixprinting support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back