Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect to a new website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krelian

MIS
May 30, 2001
US
We have a new website developed to replace an existing site with the same site domain name and entry point, but with a new IP address, and a simple ASP response.redirect homepage. But our problem is that we are worrying that visitors may have bookmarked pages inside the existing website, and there is no real practical way to redirect every existing page from the old site to the new. I am wondering is there is anything out there, or if IIS4 can do a global redirect from one site to another.

I am also thinking of maybe keeping the existing IP address put pointing IIS to the directory of the new site. But I think that will definitely not going to work if people have bookmarked the old pages. Well, I welcome any comments.

Thanks

you can go to DNS manager, and make a new Alias, the name of the alias should be make it point to your new web site IP address.
This will work if your workstations are using yor DNS server address A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back