Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect Old ColdFusion URLs to new Wordpress URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invex09

Technical User
Oct 14, 2010
US
Hey everyone, I tried reading through some of the more popular mod_rewrite threads and wasn't able to find a conclusive answer about this. I have a BlogCFC blog (blogging platform for coldfusion) that I'm switching over to Wordpress now. Thus, the site is moving from a ColdFusion server to an Apache server with PHP and MySQL. I would like my permalinks to the old blog to be redirected to the corresponding posts on the new blog. Here are the URLs:

Old Blog (Done with BlogCFC)
blogs.mydomain.net/tutorials/index.cfm/2010/6/7/Example-Tutorial-1

New Blog (Done in Wordpress)
mydomain.net/tutorials/2010/06/07/example-tutorial-1/

Is this possible to do using .htaccess? If not, if somebody could recommend a solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate it. There aren't an excessive number of posts, so I'd be willing to create a specific rule for each one of the old posts if necessary, I'm just not sure how to go about doing that.

And one thing that is confusing me is that the final URLs of the new Wordpress blog are already rewritten. Wordpress uses rewrites to take query-based, dynamic URLs and create the user-friendly ones. So I'm not sure how this would affect the problem. Thanks in advance for any help! Feel free to email me: (brian at invexdesign.com) or message me with any questions or if there is something I can shed some light on. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back