Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirect from entire directory/windows server

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeburns

Vendor
Feb 26, 2006
US
There is a directory on my clients website -- every page in that directory is being removed from the site. Some of these pages will have been bookmarked by customers. On a windows server, is there a way to redirect everything that comes into that directory to the home page?

There's an easy way to do that on a Unix server with an htacces file -- but that doesn't work with a Windows server. Thanks

These will work if I put them in a specific page. There are 50 pages in the directory and they are all being removed. A customer may have put any one of these pages in his/her favorites.

So I need a single page that will redirect anything that comes into that folder to get to a page that has been removed -- so I don't have to put a redirect code into every page.

You can do that with an htacces file in Unix, but I don't know of a way to do it with Windows -- if there is one.

Hmm - you could pick a method then do a find/replace through all of the files using source code and search entire local site through DW. Wouldn't take long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back