Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotblacktar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
US
I have several mailboxes on my Exchange 5.5 server of former employees. I want to delete them to save space. The problem is if I do that want people who send emails to those addresses will receive a bounceback message stating the recpient cannot be found.

I would like to send back a message with contact an auto reply with information about how to contact the company.

Is there a way to delete the mailboxes but still keep the email addresses? And how do I set up an autoreply message?

Take a look at this thread

thread10-221100

Redirection of EMAIL

Chris.

We also experienced this problem and found that the thread Chris is referring you to to be v.helpful.

You will be more interested in the reply that mentions creating a separate mailbox to all the ex-employees and then add all the employees SMTP addresses to the option email addresses.

We have had to to this on numerous occassions.

Dink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back