Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redial internally 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ursusK

Programmer
May 16, 2004
Hello all!

We recently installed a new md110 BC12. Everyone is happy except some users who miss the redial button.
I know you can use *** to redial the last external number. But is there also a function where you can use it internally ?

Many thanks in advance,

Björn Kreuger

redial button (function) for internal call not exist in MD 110
But function CAll Back (CAB) can be used to reserve line if user make a call to busy, not answer or not available extension

Hi ursusK

If you are using the Number Logg facility (NLOG key), all numbers dialled and received are logged.
Pressing the NLOG key it is possible to go back-and forth in the list of called and recived numbers.
When having found the correct number, a menu button is pressed and the wanted number is dialled.

Best regards doktor

DOKTOR:

NLOG key stores only the MISSED calls....
It doesn't stores the dialled or recieved(answered) calls..

For redialling internal/external/answered/missed calls you need an CT adapter on every extn...& i don't think its useful in ursusK case ....

BR,

Sorry to say Mr. singhbrindisi :

Running BC12 SP 3, NLOG also shows dialled numbers, both internal and external.
So, NLOG can be used as redial to internal and external numbers.
Best regards doktor

Hi Doktor...

I am not aware of this new improvement in NLOG feature in BC12/Sp3 ....Thanks for updating my info...

Regards,

Hi all,

Note that you require a Vox Dialog 3213 or Vox Dialog 4223.
These 2 are equipped with so called SoftKeys.

Greetz,
Nico

Thanks all for you suggestions! But i think we bought the wrong Dialogs to use the NLOG options. :(

It is still a bit odd though that a simple function like redial is not implemented..

Hi ursusK / rfpui
With normal settings NR calls on our system CAB is a pain in the butt. when people divert to voice mail you dont have time to press it ok for busy calls, then people moan that can't use it on NR so don't have it programmed on any phone saves a lot of moans and grief for me.Just tell them that *** is only good for external & nothing for internal calls.
Agree a true internal redial would be useful.
Cheers

Ursusk,

This number redial for internal call is actually available
but you need to request a OMR for it. We installed this feature to one of our client.

Sorry, i'm a real newbie: but what is a OMR ?

An OMR is in the /// referred to as Official Márked Request
BR doktor

Ursusk, you don't need to request OMR here, doktor is the right person to be given a little *STAR and not rokane. Because you can use NLOG key to redial internal or external.

Okay, thanks... i'll try this..

Depending on your use there are two things you should consider. NLOG is a list of numbers that you can use to redial numbers but for incoming calls in the list pressing dial does not put your external access code on the call. Therefore the call fails. If the user placed the call (outgoing) no problem, but users get frustrated with the difference.
One thing you can do is assign an ENR button if they have an available button. ENR will store a number for the user and won't overwrite until the user decides to put another number there. Very easy to use. So with the combination of the ENR button for stored redial and the *** most of our users were content.

to JosieL

Poor users...

Your PABX seems to be completely wrong programmed. Access code is put in front of in coming numbers automatically via nutri-command. So the call is already stored correctly. Dial-Button in nlog-menu then is always working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back