Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redefine Existing Blocks with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmartens

Programmer
May 24, 2003
US
Hello-
We have changed our titleblocks at work and now I would like to update all of them with code. Does anyone know of a way to do this with VBA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
John Martens

Hi,

If you send me the titleblock(s) as a seperate drawing(s), I'll have look at what code it'll need to do the job..

Email as below..

Cheers,

Renegade..

BULLET-PROOF DESiGNZ
renegade@tiscali.co.uk

Hey thanks for the reply,

I think I have it working, what I did was test for the new attributes of the block and if they are not present, stored the values of the existing attributes in some variables, deleted the existing title block, then inserted the new block assigned the stored values and changed the new attributes as requried. Seems like quite a bit of code, but it is working.
I am having problems with another part of the program, I want to make sure that there is just one instance of the block in the drawing, I set up a selection set to filter only blockname "border", that gets it for me, but is there anyway to figure out if it is in paperspace or modelspace??

John Martens

Hi,

If you show me the code, I'll have a look and see what needs doing..

Cheers,

Renegade..

BULLET-PROOF DESiGNZ
renegade@tiscali.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back