Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red X.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

karen36bc

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
PK
I've recently sent an email (using Outlook Express) ending it with an animated gif and the recipient had asked me "what is the red x"? He's using AOL. The animated gif only showed up as a red x. Is there something on my end or his end that needs to be done to fix it so the gif will show up ? Thanks!
I've even tried Insert/picture/browse, sent an email to my hotmail addy(as a test) and even still the gif won't show up.

Try to insert the gif as an attachment, not in the body of the e-mail. Also ensure that the mail format of your E-mail program is the same as the recipients (HTML is pretty standard)

Mike Mason, MCSE

Another thing to look at is that you may be linking to the image. The 'red X' means that the image is linked and the browser can't find the source of the image. If this is the case attaching the image may solve the problem, also hotmail and other similar services allow less than two megabytes of space on their email server. If your images is larger than this it won't be uploaded or attached. In windows explorer right click on the image and hit properties, this will tell you what size the image is.

James Holloway
Web Design of Oklahoma, LLC
Web pages for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back