Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red Light on digital 30 module

Status
Not open for further replies.

phneguy

Technical User
Dec 7, 2005
US
just wondering if anyone has had an issue with a station module lose its software? i have a unit that will not respond even through the DTE port. i know there has been some threads touching on this subject. i was wondering if anyone has found the solution to getting these units back up?

look forward to your replies!!

thanks!

just to let you know... it says TFTP Poll Sent if i have the unit connected to the 406, but it seems like the unit wont load any software.

if i disconnect all cables and try to use the DTE cable, it says TFTP Poll Fail.

thanks,

have youi tried connecting to the lan port on your 406 and the dte port on the dig 30 at the same time. this is how i have managed to dte various units.

Have you tried to unplug all the stations. There was a power issue with those and i found sometimes if you unplug all the stations they will come back up.

Guys,

this is a unit that we just got in. i was bench testing it when i found this problem.

i have tried to use both LAN and DTE at the same time with no luck as well. but i do get the message TFTP POLL SENT through Hyper Terminal. at this point i thought the unit should load up... this unit for some reason does not?

i have seen this before and had no problem getting the unit to come back up, but i have not seen the TFTP POLL FAILURE message, normally the unit would come back up?

Somtimes the bootp entry can get corrupted. Ive seen the happen like 5 or 6 times. Before rebuilding the entry, make sure you have the correct bin file name in the entry that the expansion box is looking for.

Rebuild your bootp entry. Copy down the mac address. Delete the old bootp entry. Close manager. Re-open manager. Add the bootp entry back in. Close manager again. Re-open manager, Then try to dte into the box and see if it will download the correct bin. Make sure you put the correct bin file that the expansion box is looking for in the bootp entry.

what if the unit comes without the MAC address? i know the unit has one, but have no ideal where to find it? there aren't any stickers on the unit?

i have no ideal where this unit came from. i dont even know if the unit was working when they gave it to me to fix??

is there any way of getting the MAC address? someone told me that the MAC address was the serial number? i dont know where to look for that if there isn't any stickers?

any ideals????

Station units don't have MAC's they don't connect directly to the LAN.

Is the DS30 started and green before strting the IPO??

Is it a red or green light on the DS30?

Try typing AT when on HyperTerminal. should get OK back.

Also if this unit has never worked the IPO will not know it is there. Plug in a working DS30 into the expansion port, do a conrolled reboot through Manager to backup the config. Then start it up with the faulty unit in place.

If it still doesn't work, connect to the LAN on the 406 and the DTE on the DS30 and type AT-X.

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

What version of Manager/BIN files are you working with?

Was trying to reboot a unit to accept 3.2 55 Bins for the DS module and it wasnt having it.
Just happened to have Manager for version 3 on the laptop and I pointed the working folders to the correct folders a BAM! 1 Minute later the DS module was back up.

It may be just a matter of setting the working directory in manager to the manager directory. This will ensure the file for the ds30 is available to the system to transfer the file. It may just be waiting for the correct file.

DS30 V2 Light will go red if you have more than 27 Phones Hooked up and the older version of the Power Suply or the Wrong PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back