Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2002
US
Hi ALL,
I am looking for the groups experience with a couple of questions.
1.The first being what backup solution would anyone recommend. Storix or Veritas Netbackup DataCenter. While my company already has licenses for Veritas Netbackup DataCenter I am not certain this is the proper product to use. I had heard that Storix does a bootable complete rebuild of a server. Not sure as I have not really used either one. I use Sysback for my pseries backups currently.

2. The second question is on a worm / virus checker for Linux. Our company users F-Secure for Windows environment, so I would first want to ask of anyone's experience with F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux. ANy other information in this area would be greatly apprciated as I have little or no experience with any Linux virus/worm checking software packages. I am aware that while most virus' and worms are geared towards Windows there still are some that affect Linux based systems.

thanks In advance for any information the group provides.
Links to websties of anything anyone recommends would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

Bobby;

We recently researched various backup facilities and of all we looked at (storix included) we finally selected BRU PRO from
This facility backs up not only the local machine from will also backup other machines on your network, Linux and Windows included. We back up to VXA tapes and it works just wonderfully. Its also considerably less expensive than Storix for the same OS. It comes with a CRU utility which allows a virtually hands off restore of a system should it be necessary.

Good luck.

Bob

There isn't much of a need for an anti-virus program for Linux because there aren't really that many viruses/worms for Linux systems. I don't know anybody who's had an infected Linux system before. As Linux becomes more popular in the future, this may change. If you still want to run one, you can find a few by searching
For your backup solution, you may also want to look at ARCserve for Linux -->
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back