Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red Hat 9.0 graphics error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zngo

Technical User
May 30, 2003
US
I have red hat 9.0 and my video drivers are for a fact the right ones and I have 3d excelleration enabled. Whenver I play games like Americas Army: Operations 1.7 for linux and BZflag 1.7g2, the colors are very abnormal. example:

in americas army: operations, everything is randomly colored and textures seem to be in every direction, its inexplainable.

in bzflag, the colors are correct when i am not in movement. whenever i move, the details aruond the maps are visible and in the right place, but the colors flicker to different colors like yellow, puprle, blue, red, etc.

I dont know anything about graphics libraries on linux but im sure that it has do with something of that nature. Is it recommended to install any graphics libraries after a fresh installation?

Thanks
Zach

It definitely seems strange. If you are comfortable working with source packages, I might try recompiling all of the sources and reinstalling X11 and your video drivers. Or try an alternative distro(Mandrake keeps gamers in mind when puting their distro together). I've not had the problem, so there may be an easier solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back