Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recurring Report - Run Now 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TStriker

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
US
Hi all,

I have a 3 instances of a recurring report. Each instance has different parameters. If I check the box for the instance that uses the parameters I'm interested in, and then click on RUN NOW, it runs one of the other instances. What's the deal? Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm on CE10.

Thanks,

-Striker

Run Now Schedules the report template, not the instance.

Kingfisher

Kingfisher,

Thanks for the info. I'll assume that since you didn't expand on your answer, it isn't possible.

-Striker

I don't think it is out of the box functionality in 10 - it is available in XI.

Kingfisher

Very good. Another reason to do the upgrade.

Thanks!

-Striker

KingfisherINC - I don't see that functionality in XI, can you elaborate?

If I check the box beside a recurring schedule in XI and click "Run Now", I get the same behaviour as in earlier versions - the current template runs. Am I missing a step or a button? Thanks.

From InfoView (not CMC) on the History tab there is a Reschedule option.

Kingfisher

Thanks! That sounds useful, although we restrict users from scheduling their own reports and have all scheduling handled by admins. I don't understand why BO didn't make this an administrative function!

.rpt Inspector 3.1 Enterprise Suite can help without you needing to upgrade your Enterprise environment -- if you don't mind using a 3rd party tool.

When you open a report that is stored in your enterprise environment, .rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite automatically retrieves all the associated meta data with it. The meta data includes the instances and schedules, etc.

One of the options available (on the "Instances" tab) if you right click on a failed or success instance (or even a bunch of selected instances) a popup menu will come up. There you'll see a sub-menu called "Schedule". In this "Schedule" sub-menu you'll see an item called "Reprocess".

So if you choose this, it will ask you whether you want to run it as-is (using all the existing settings of how the instance was run -- same parameters, same destinations, same formats, same database, etc.) or if you want to modify some or all of the existing information. If you choose to modify then you'll be presented with a CMC like dialog that contains tabs called "Schedule" | "Database" | "Destinations" | "Formats" | "Process" | "Parameters", etc. which will show you the existing info in the instance which you can change.

And this will result in a "Run Now" on an existing instance (it create a new instance from the one you run it on for your historical and archiving purposes). But the whole process takes a few seconds really.

There's also a tool in there to modify schedules of recurring instances without having to delete them and recreate them (like you do currently in CE & BO XI), and a lot of other tools.

Software Forces, LLC
makers of .rpt Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back