Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recurring Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

len834

Technical User
Apr 23, 2005
CA
First problem in months/years!
The recurring events in my weekly/monthly calendar have disappeared. They are all in the RE setup but don't show in calendar. I can make them show up one at a time by by changing
the recurring date.
Also appointments from 2001 are now showing up on the same date in 2006.
Anything I can do to rectify this?
Thanks

Dear len834,
When you changed the date on some did they show up as usual?

If you changed the recurring date on some, you may have moved them (the 2001 ones) inadvertantly to 2006.
Do they also occur in 2002 2003 2004 2005 ??
If they don't, then that could be the answer to the second part of your question.
I was trying to duplicate your problem and enter a recurring event but the only thing that happened was that on trying to enter a recurring event the dialog came up with 2001 as the default date for it to start and when I changed that it seemed ok.
Was the date originally in 2001 when the dialog came up with you?
As I don't have any other recurring events I will have to wait and check tomorrow to see if the same thing happens then as has happened to you.
NO it's ok as I just set the system time to tomorrow and then checked again and it is fine.

Anyone else with ideas on this?

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

It wasn't an inadvertant slip. ALL of my recurring events which are still in the RE list suddenly do not show on calendar. I have fixed it by going to each event in the list and changing the date by a day, clicking "Change" and then changing it back to the right date. These now show up again where they're supposed to be.

One RE from 2001 showed up in the RE list. I deleted it from the list and it doesn't show up there now but it continues to show up in all calendars every month. No way to get rid of it.

Appointments (not REs) made in 2001 now suddenly show up in 2006 on the same date with no action on my part.

Now that my RE's are visible I can live with the rest. I suppose I corrupted some file somehow.

Thanks for your help, James No further effort thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back