Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rectangles and Line Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noel2

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I would like to create a rectangle to go behind the text boxes and sub reports in the detail section on my report. The problem is that the detail section does not stay the same height and the rectangle needs to expand to the end of the section. I need the rectangle to be filled in black. With the things that I have tried, I always seem to get the rectangle that is in front of all of the information that I need and covers it, or I end up with the height of the rectangle being static. Please note what I have attempted:

In the On Format of the detail section I have used the line method to create a rectangle as follows:

Me.ScaleMode = 1
Me.ForeColor = 0
Me.DrawWidth = 2

Me.Line (6.4681 * 1440, 0.2083 * 1440)-(1.2 * 1440, 14400), 0, BF

And I can't get this to be sent to back. I tried DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSendToBack and keep getting a run-time error telling me that this is not possible.

I also attempted to set the rectangles height to the detail section and it just stays one height.

Me.Box84.Height = Me.Detail.Height

I truly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Thank you,
Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back