Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rectangle not showing in form view 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhuffst

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
US
I have a form that has 2 subforms and drew a rectangle around them since they are related.

subform A - form view and can perform data entry and opens to a new record.
subform a1 - same form as subform A but datasheet view and locked records (displaying history but do not allow edits).

These work fine but when I draw the rectangle, I see it in design mode but is disappears in form mode.

I've checked
Code:
visible = yes
backstyle = transparent
border color = set them to a very bold color just to see if I can see rectangle in form mode
Speical Effect = have tried flat, sunken, raised 
Border Width = 4 pt.

I've tried send to back, bring to front....
It never shows in form view but I always see it in design mode.

What I want is:
|___________________|
Anyone know what I should check ?
Thanks
lhuffst

border color = accent 2, lighter 40%
border style = solid

Sorry forgot to answer the last question. I have actually moved it to a couple of different locations but had the same result

Dhookom,
Yes it happens on the other forms but I think I've figured out the problem. The forms are on a tabbed document and I found code on this site to change the color of each tab when they click to show the active tab. The code had me set the tag value to the color I wanted so this must be overriding the individual color choices on the rectangle.
What I discovered was that it was affecting labels as well so as a work around, I made the borders 4pt to simulate a rectangle. This seems to work
Thank you much for your assistance.

Having the rectangle on a tab can make a significant difference since a control can be on a page of the tab or on the main form. What you were describing suggests the rectangle wasn't on a page of the tab control.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back