Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recrystallize problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrebrazil

Technical User
Mar 20, 2012
BR
Dears,
I'm creating some webpages based on CR 2008 Reports using Recrystallize.
The user through the published Recrystallized webpage will select some filters.
On CR report I created Parameter fields and on the Parameter fields I set as default value "ALL" (Value Options) and on Selection Formula -> Record Selection I added

(If {? Status} = "ALL"
Then not isnull({PO_STATUS})
Else
({?Status}) = {PO_STATUS}
)

On Crystal Reports it works perfectly, the user can select a PO, type ALL or left the default value "ALL", but with the recrystallyzed page it does not work, the only way to solve it was leaving the default value blank and the user have to type "ALL", I cannot leave the field Default filled. Does anyone have a suggestion? We would not like to ask for the user to type ALL.

Thank you

Perhaps adding the trim function could help.

(If {? Status} = trim('ALL')
Then not isnull({PO_STATUS})
Else
({?Status}) = {PO_STATUS}
)

Thank you very much!
It worked.

Now I have another question, I have three possible filters, PO is one of them, the other is date, I cannot put "ALL" as the default value because the field is date and I would not like to make the user to select several dates to get all PO status.

Do you have any suggestion?

andrebrazil,

How about having a default date of something like 01/01/1900 or some such date. You could then use this "trigger date" in a conditional selection criteria.

I apologize, as I do not have Crystal in front of me today, but something like:
Code:
If {?DateParameter} = TriggerDate THEN {Table.PODate} >= {?DateParameter} ELSE {Table.PODate} = (?DateParameter}

*lightbulb*
Scratch that... only have a PODate criteria when the trigger date is not selected. Something like:
Code:
 [green]~your other criteria~[/green] [blue]AND
IF[/blue] {?DateParameter} <> [blue]DATE[/blue](1900,1,1) [blue]THEN[/blue] {Table.PODate) = {?DateParameter}

Hope this helps!

Mike
---------------------------------------------------------------
"To be alive is to revel in the moments, in the sunrise and the sunset, in the sudden and brief episodes of love and adventure,
in the hours of companionship. It is, most of all, to never be paralyzed by your fears of a future that no one can foretell."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back