Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recpt set....too many lines...and blinking lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbm0011

Technical User
Mar 19, 2004
US
Help,
I have a MICS0x32 7.0 software with a CP100 attached.
No AA is being used during the day...only night services.
The receptionist set - 246 has 5 lines that R/A and FNA and FOB to ext 238, and 238 is set to FOB to VM.
the problem ext 246 is having is that when she is on the phone and transferring calls, the other lines that start to ring in are not audible and only a flashing light. The sequence of flashing lights when she puts a line on hold and a new incoming call are so close that she cannot differentiate between the 2. Is there a way to make the lines audibly ring while she is on the phone? Or is there a simplier solution. I do have a 7324 x/CAP at ext 246 and I have the Call Center capability as well.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

you should probably remove the FOB ext 246 and program a call queing key (F801) onto the set so when she presses it it will answer the longest ringing external call.

OK, Very cool.. I imiplemented the F801 and it is working.
I am going to leave them using it till the end of the week and see how things go.
Thanks for the help.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back