Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recovery vaio, no cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisham

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2000
i post this in: PC hardware - Hard drive issues forum

vaio laptop can't boot via cdrom, i installed linux on it using networking boot, I'm looking to recover the XP . is there any method to boot over network and reach some share to boot the recovery CDs?
thanks in advance .

Can you elaborate on the problem with booting the CD-Rom? Is the Bios setup to Boot from CD, do you have a CD drive?

If there was some method of a Network Boot that would be mentioned in the Bios.

Is an external CD-Rom an option?

Thank you linney for your reply.
the CDROM drive is not working, this is the main problem. bios allow to boot via network, I'm looking for the scenario and what must I do to reach some share in the network to boot the recovery CDs.

This thread talks about a Laptop Adapter that you can use to connect to a Desktop or other Laptop.

Mount an unbootable NTFS drive? !!HELP!! Tough one.
thread779-738178

re-instal winxp without cdrom?
thread779-1093752

Using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options 60, 66, 67 to Direct PXE Clients to RIS Servers May Fail

When a Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE) client boots, it must perform two actions: it must obtain an IP address from a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server, and it must locate a PXE boot server that will send it the appropriate files from which to boot.

244036 - Description of PXE Interaction Among PXE Client, DHCP, and RIS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back