Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovery SLOOOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww1977

Technical User
Dec 6, 2004
US
I use legato 6 Sun client. I am trying to recover a saveset and it's taking forever! The backup took an hour 10 min to run. Now i'm recovering the data and it's been over 10 hours recovering. Parellism for the client is set to 4. What would cause this?

may be multiplexation? how many clients are backing up to that tape? may be the network? I have seen problems in the NIC Card that I can backup with no problem, but the recover is too slow... test it with a simple ftp from/to the NW server

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

only one client backed up on the tape.

But how many save sets have been created?

Most likely you will not recover all of them at the same time.

10 savesets. I can't believe this recover is still running...since yesterday

This sounds weird - you are multiplexing 10 save sets of the same client although due to the client parallelism he can only create 4 streams.

If you are really multiplexing 10 save sets, then i am pretty sure it takes time. Do not forget that one side, disk or tape, always has to wait. Lots of repositioning cycles etc. - not good for media and tape drive.

Just make sure that the process does not hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back