Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovery of arcserve db,jobs, and media pool info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech187

MIS
Jul 28, 2000
US
I am planning on replacing our largest file server. The existing server has Arcserve 6.61 with a two tape library. The jobs are setup using media pools and a GFS rotation. How do I recover all these settings. I created a test enviroment and the only thing I get when I do a DB recovery is the database itself and the backup jobs. I don't get info on the media pools or anything else. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

The jobs can be saved to disk and then opened into the new installation. When you submit them into the queue the will automaticly create the Media Pools.

I submitted the job and it created the media pools just as DavidMichel said, but they are empty. Do you have to do something else to have them come up with all the media they actually contain? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back