Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovery data

Status
Not open for further replies.

llmclaughlin

Programmer
Aug 20, 2004
US
I had a oracle xe database crash with no backup file. Is there any way to recover the data from the data files like
system.dbf
users.dbf

Thanks

Unfortunately, LLMcLaughlin, that is similar to saying, "I had an auto accident, but I have no insurance. Is there any way I can get an insurance company to pay for my accident?"

If you crashed without either a physical (full database file backup) or a logical (export) backup, then there is no way to restore, not to mention no way to recover, from a database crash.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Whether you can recover depends on how serious the damage is to your database. If you are missing one or more data files, that data is gone forever. But there are a lot of other recovery scenarios that don't require restoring data files from backup. What error are you getting when you try to start your database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back