Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering Win98 with a Me Recovery Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvgol

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
I had to do a recovery on a win98 system. Now Cox Cable modem cannot connect. They said I need Win98 SE. The technician that installed the cable modem must have updated the orgional Win98 to Win98 SE. I do not have a copy of Win98 SE and cannot connet to the internet to download any updates or service packs. Can I use my Win ME recovery disk and change the OS to Win ME?

I would not try to solve your problem with an upgrade to ME. If you wish to upgrade, solve your current problem first. I suggest either going back to the tech. that installed SE and borrowing the disc he used, or just bite the bullet and spend the $20 for the SE upgrade disc. If you are going to run an upgrade to an OS, it's always better to have the software on hand for problems like this. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back