Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering VBA from a corrupted database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoniFromMars

Programmer
Aug 10, 2006
US

Access Crashed. message was Access needs to close now. it madea backup of the database then closed.
when I try to open the backup I get this message

Microsoft Jet Database caonnot find the object 'MySysDb'

when I open the original database all the access objects
have the new changes - as they were at the moment of the crash. However the VBA changes that i made today are gone.

I'd like to somehow either fix the backup or recover the VBA text.

If you have any ideas ..
Thanks

The short answer is that your goal might be attainable. However, it would be so complicated that it may not be worth your effort. Every Access DB has tables that it uses to record its internal structure. Incidentally, you can view these tables. In a db that is not corrupt, do this in the gui:

1. Go to the tools menu.
2. Choose "options".
3. Select the "view" tab.
4. Check "system objects" and "hidden objects".

Now you will be able to see the system tables.

Some programmers claim that they can change the values in those tables. However, in my experience these tables are read-only. Anyway I do not understand the contents of the tables, so I would not know what to change. But at least after reading this post you know what the error message is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back