Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering tapes written in 256KB blocks to W2K storage nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtroup

MIS
Aug 29, 2002
US
I am trying to direct SCSI connect a 9840 tape drive to a Windows 2000 server (DL380) with an Adaptec 2944UW hba. When a configure the drive as a remote device on a Solaris 2.6 legato server, I am able to mount to the tape drive using ACSLS fine. However when I try to read tapes that were orginally written to by the SUN legato server in 256KB blocks I get error messages like "media warning: rd=gsnyres12e:\\.\Tape1 writing: The handle is invalid., at
file 0 record 1

has anyone ever installed 9840 drives on a W2K box using Legato 6.1.1, and if so did you have to make any specific configuration changes to make it work...things like SCSI controller modifications or registry settings?

thx

Add MaximumSGList registry parameter for the controller 0x41 should give you 256KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back