Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchaid

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
US
I am trying to restore folders from a backup tapes jukebox on a new system. networker (6.1.2) is installed. Ran scanner -i to build the index database (successful). I am able to look into the backup tapes from nwrecover and see the folders that I need to recover. I did mark these folders. However, upon trying to start the recovery process, I see

Volumes needed (all off-line):
promospots.085
Requesting 39942 file(s), this may take a while...

message. After a short period, I receive,

Jul 15 11:59:13 promospots root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] NetWorker media: (critical) waiting for 4mm 12GB tape promospots.085 on promospots

on the terminal. What do I need to do to recover from this tapebackup set?

If you are using a different Storage Node for recovery than the one used for backup you will have to do the following:

In the client change the "Storage Node Affinity" so that the Storage Node you are using for the recovery is the first in the list.

Your restore should work now.

How do you setup the Client's Storage Node Affinity?

Did you setup a new/temp networker server to do this recover? if you did then the storage node affinity has no effect (the field is most likely blank).

are you using a library or stand alone tape device? is the library configured properly? Does the admin interface say the tape is mounted?

HI kchaid
use this command:
nsrjb -I

inventory all volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back