Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering emails deleted during an OWA session

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDraa

MIS
Aug 10, 2001
US
Running SBS2K. Although I've setup Exchange to allow recovery of deleted items for 7 days (and it works just fine for network workstations), there doesn't appear to be any way to recover emails deleted during an OWA session. Is there something I'm missing?

TIA,

Mark

What SP are you at on Exchange?

I know with SP3 and all hotfixes, there's a "Recover Deleted Items" icon right next to the "Empty Deleted Items Folder" on the menu bar.

You can also recover deleted items by connecting to the mailbox using a standard Outlook program.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Could be down to the fact that the MAPI client accesses the Information Store directly and the OWA client goes though the HTTP Virtual server.

If you delete an item in outlook by holding down shift and bypassing the Deleted items folder, it will not show up when you try to recover it. This could work in the same way for OWA clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back