Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCS1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2005
US
Hi all,

I been given the responsibility of recovering as much of the email I can between several people withing the company. I have to recover as much as I can dating back to May of 2006. Our tape backup system only goes back a total of 3 weeks.

The users I need to recover the email for have deleted all items from their Outlook clients that are older than 1 month.

Is there any way I can recover the email directly from the Exchange Server?

I depends on how long ago they deleted that mail. What's the time frame?

I would immediately change the mail retention settings on your server to an artificially high number to make sure that nothing leaves your database before you want it to. Remember to change it back later.

I would restore your OLDEST backed up Exchange db to a Recovery Storage Group and Exmerge the mailboxes of those users out to .pst and make sure you select the option to include deleted items. That's probably the best you can do right now.

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back