Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recovering data from mirrored drives that I moved to another computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkc

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
I have a windows2000 server that had a cpu failure. I had a software mirror setup on 2 scsi drives.
I removed the scsi controller and the two drives and installed in a win2k pc. I need to recover some data from the drive, I am not trying to resurrect the server, just copy some files off the mirrored drives.
After starting the PC, I do not see the drives in windows explorer, but I can see them in the hardware devices with no errors and in disk management. In disk management the status is failed(system), but both drives are on-line. The type is dynamic, the layout is Mirror. The volume has a red x through it. I have already tried reactivating and that has no effect.
Should I remove one of the drives and remove the mirror?
Is it not possible to move the drives from a win2k server to a win2k pc? Should I try this on another server?
Any suggestions about how to get both or one of these drives recognized and assigned a drive letter would be helpful.

Thanks

deb c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back