Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover user cals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmjasonward

Programmer
Mar 1, 2007
US
I have a disk image from a crashed sbs 2003 server to which my client added 5 user cals (in addition to the 5 that come with 2003). Of course, they have lost the certificate with the key for the additional cals since then.

Does anyone know of a way to recover the user cals from the old files in the disk image? I've found some utilities that have been able to recover the SBS2003 product key but they don't seem to know about the other cals.

Thanks!

I didn't find any way to get the license directly from the files in the image. Since I had the full disk image I ended up copying them to a virtual machine and doing a repair install.

Once the repaired installation was running I was able to go into Licensing and pull out license key. Then I destroyed the vm.

It took awhile but did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back